So here’s the recipe I came up with. Any suggestions on how to improve (or what I did wrong) are always welcome! 🙂
Earl Grey Sugar Cookies Approx. 2 dozen regular cookies (but I was aiming for 90+ mini cookies)
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Approx. 2 Tablespoons loose Earl Grey tea leaves
- I used about 2 1/2 tea bags, but wished I had used more. I’d say 3-4 would be good.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 sticks butter = 1 cup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar (for rolling the dough balls in)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Dry Ingredients:
- Sift together flour, tea, salt and baking soda
- Wet Ingredients:
- Cream together butter, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla until smooth. Then add the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix until combined
- Pour 1/2 cup of sugar into a shallow plate (add more as needed)
- Form dough into balls (when they bake they’ll about double in diameter) and roll in the sugar
- I also pressed them with a stamp. I ended up with a faint design, but the cookies were less soft. Next time I’ll press them more lightly.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper (or silpat mat) and bake for about 8-10 min
- You’ll want to check them as baking time will vary depending on cookie size. You want the cookie to just get a bit golden around the edges, but the cookie should stay pale.